We all seem to have those days where our schedule is full from start to finish and you barely get 5 minutes to get ready to go out for dinner or whatever else you have inconveniently planned. Or you might be like me and just can’t be bothered to take off a whole face of makeup just to put another back on. Through my own experience, these are the essential items I have found for the perfect day to night look.
- Primer. The best way to make your makeup last all day and all night is to give it a really good base to sit on. My favourite primer is the Loreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur because it smoothes the appearance of my skin and it really helps my makeup to last longer than it usually would. This is going to ensure that your foundation doesn’t get oily and oxidised throughout the day.
- Foundation. Unless you want to be going a whole new face of foundation in 4.7 seconds, a long lasting foundation is the key to this look. My holy grail foundation for longevity is the Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation. It claims to give ’15 hour wear’, personally I’ve never tested that, but it has definitely lasted a good 12-13 hours on my face while still looking good. It control oil but isn’t drying, it provides medium yet buildable coverage without looking cakey and it has ‘skin adapting’ qualities to give you your perfect shade. When I need my makeup to last, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m grabbing this.
- Concealer. Now we’re talking the 3 minute mad dash to look presentable after work and concealer is the key. Maybe your foundation has rubbed off your nose or your under-eyes are looking especially dark or (my specialty) a nasty spot has arisen throughout the day … concealer. The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is like nothing I have ever tried before. I can use it under my eyes and around my face without compromising anything. It gives incredible coverage so it won’t take layers and layers to cover anything, it is long lasting so your effort isn’t wasted and it sits beautifully on the skin but especially over top of makeup. It never cakes or does that weird separatey thing, you know?
- Powder Foundation. If you’re in need of some more coverage then use a powder foundation to add a bit of extra coverage and matify at the same time. The Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder is hign-end quality at a drugstore price. Again, it won’t cake up your face because it easily can be buffed into the makeup you’re already wearing and the coverage is quite impressive. This super quick step will give you a flawless complexion in 15 seconds.
- Eyeliner. The easiest product to amp up your makeup. Smudge a but of the Loreal Voluminous Smouldering Eyeliner into the top and bottom lash line and boom. Instant drama. It really is as simple as that.
- Statement Lip. If you have a little bit more time and really want to draw some attention, go for a bold lip. It may take a minute or two to get the lines perfect but it’ll be worth it. I’ve got a blog post here on my favourite spring bright lip colours and all of them would be perfect for this (although not all at the same time).
If you’ve got anymore time saving tips then I would love to hear then because I am always interested in tips to save myself a few extra minutes in touching up my makeup!
Thanks for reading,