I have faced my fair share of acne in my time and although my skin is never completely clear (sometimes purely because of scarring and redness) I have managed to significantly reduce the amount of acne I suffer from. I know that it is an issue that many suffer from so I thought I would share with you my top 5 acne fighting products that work for me …
- Clinique Clinical Clearing Gel. This is the most recent favourite of mine that I picked up in a haul not long ago (you can read about it here) and this is honestly really really good. I had heard a few reviews around the internet about it but I was skeptical because, in the past, I have had bad experiences with spot treatments that have alcohol in them (and this one does). They can be drying and irritating and make the spot more noticeable than it was before but this treatment is really effective and I don’t experience those side effects. It’s a win win. Put it on a spot in your nightime skincare routine and in the morning it has significantly reduced in size and redness
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. This was my favourite spot treatment before the one above. It is a cream formula so it isn’t drying at all and it is super effective in speeding up the getting-rid-of-pimples process. The only downside to this is that, in New Zealand, I can only buy it online and it is a bit inconvenient so I moved onto the Clinique but, if you can get your hands on it, I would highly recommend it.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash. Personally, I like to treat my skin when I cleanse and then heal and rehydrate with moisturisers and all that jazz. I like to use this cleanser in the morning because the tea tree really helps to wake me up (which I need) and my skin feels super clean and, on top of that, it has a little bit of treatment qualities from the tea tree.
- Environ β-Active Sebuwash. This cleanser, which I use at night, isn’t specifically an acne treatment is targeted towards getting rid of excess oil and deeply cleansing the skin without drying or stripping and it does just that. I really like to use it at night because I really feel like it cleanses my skin from any makeup or excess oil that is left on my face and I love the super clean feeling it gives.
- The Body Shop Ionic Clay Mask. Similar to the previous product, I use this product to help prevent acne. Although this mask makes you look like a fool (and I wouldn’t recommend wearing it when you’re expecting company) it helps to draw out oils and impurities in your pores which cause acne. I like to use this mask 1-2 times a week to assist with maintaining good skin days.
I would love to hear about any products that you recommend for fighting acne because I am always open to try something that will help.
Thank for reading