I feel a bit strange writing a post about my nail care routine but I find myself truly interested in the products that other people use so I thought that just in case you care about it, these are the products and tools I use on my nails.
To care for my nails:
- Loccitaine Rose Heart Hand Cream. I mainly use this because I love rose scents and this one smells divine but it is also a really great hand cream. It is lovely and thick and nourishing and I like to use a blob every night and rub it into my cuticles and nails.
- Rough Nail File. This one is practically like sandpaper. I use this when I have broken a nail and it is really jagged and annoying. In a couple of swipes the nail is level again.
- 4-Way Buffer. I don’t really care about the brand, this is just a cheap one I got from Farmers and it makes my nails super shiny and smooth. I never really saw why people buff their nails with a tool like this but ever since I started, I can’t stop
To colour my nails:
- ORLY Colour Care Bottom and Top. I’m not too fussy about my base coat but I have been really loving this one. It dries super quickly and doesn’t bubble or anything horrible like that underneath my nail polish.
- Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Colour in Crystal Clear. That’s a long name. I love this top coat. It actually increases the wear of my nail polish and it dries quickly and properly. There is nothing worse than a flawless at-home manicure and then marking your top coat on your sheets or unbuttoning your jeans when you inevitably have to use the bathroom. This top coat is the best I’ve ever tried.
- Maybelline Express Remover. To remove my nail polish I find this tub thingy super handy. I dont have to faff about with cotton balls and rubbing my fingers away and as an added bonus, this formula is acetone free so it isn’t as drying and damaging for your nails as other brands can be.
NB: I don’t have a favourite nail polish brand. I tend to pick the best colour over any brand but I do lean towards Essie, Butter London, Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline Super Stay as my favourites.
Those are the essentials that I use on my nails and that I’m regularly grabbing. I hope that it might provide a few recommendations that you might try next time you want to do your nails.
Thanks for reading,